The Project is appropriately designed to enable and ensure education and continuous training in the field of European Studies according to EU standards. The project consists of a teaching activities development for the modernization of the education in the Region South Serbia in the subject area of European economic Integration. Those activities are focusing on the definition of syllabi, course outlines, new teaching materials, web site creating and the training of the target group in the EU economic integration with parallel activities aiming at the improvement of modern EU modules. Need for ‘European knowledge’ will also contribute project success. Activities in the project realization will contribute broadening the ideas of European integration. Key activity is the increasing quality of the existing courses and creating and implementation of alternative academic offer at reformed University of Nis.
- to contribute to the development of quality lifelong learning and to promote high performance, innovation and a European dimension in systems and practices in the field;
- to reinforce the contribution of lifelong learning to social cohesion, active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, gender equality and personal fulfilment;
- to help promote creativity, competitiveness, employability and the growth of an entrepreneurial spirit;
- to contribute to increased participation in lifelong learning by people of all ages, including those with special needs and disadvantaged groups, regardless of their socio-economic background;
- to promote language learning and linguistic diversity;
- to support the development of innovative ICT-based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning;
- to reinforce the role of lifelong learning in creating a sense of European citizenship based on understanding and respect for human rights and democracy, and encouraging tolerance and respect for other peoples and cultures;
- to promote co-operation in quality assurance in all sectors of education and training in Europe;
- to encourage the best use of results, innovative products and processes and to exchange good practice in the fields covered by the Lifelong Learning Programme, in order to improve the quality of education and training.
To stimulate excellence in teaching, research and reflection in European integration studies in higher education institutions within and outside the European Union
To enhance knowledge and awareness among specialists academics and among European citizens generally of issues relating to European integration.
General project objective is to enable and ensure to provide for education and continuous training in the field of European economic integration according to EU standards. One of the long lasting objectives is the creation of a modern educational services according to European standards based on cooperation and internationalization. Project would, in that way, only make assumptions for sound functioning and permanent enriching teaching activities after the project realization. The project includes mobility to transfer knowledge and skills. It is by this project realization that wish to achieve Europe not to be just the geography concept, but the idea. Work on the project will significantly accomplish. It also should be fight with increasing euro scepticism particularly in region South Serbia.
The main part of the activities will be education of cadres, that is preparing graduate experts for work in institutions or enterprises, which are directly or indirectly connected with European Union. Target group of the Project are graduate and undergraduate students of economics, philology, journalistic, psihology and the other social sciences who will acquire necessary theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as skills necessary in carrying out operations in conditions which developed market economies. In the project are to be included already employed experts who will enrich it with new knowledge and information necessary for work in altered conditions in the country and environment. Target groups also are civil society groups (journalists, members of professional and non-governmental organizations, as well as employees in state, public, political institutions which are linked to EU. Education and innovation of knowledge and project groups managing should serve for showing creativeness and inventiveness of participants, that is acquiring skills in work with enterprises and EU institutions, as well as for timely preparation for work in conditions of integral European market.