Objectives of the ProgrammeTEMPUS is a European Union programme designed to help the process of higher education reform in Partner Countries. It supports projects between the higher education sector in the EU and its 27 partner countries to facilitate university modernisation, mutual learning between regions and peoples and understanding between cultures. The Programme promotes voluntary convergence with EU developments in the field of higher education deriving from the Lisbon agenda and the Bologna process.
TEMPUS partner regions are:
- Western Balkans
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- North Africa and the Middle East
Specific programme objectives:
- To promote the reform and modernisation of higher education in the partner countries;
- To enhance the quality and relevance of higher education in the partner countries;
- To build up the capacity of higher education institutions in the partner countries and the EU, in particular their capacity for international cooperation and for a permanent modernisation process, and to assist them in opening themselves up to the society at large, the world of work and the wider world
- To overcome the fragmentation of higher education between countries
- To enhance inter-disciplinarity and trans-disciplinarity;
- To enhance the employability of university graduates;
- To make the European Higher Education Area more visible and attractive in the world;
- To foster the reciprocal development of human resources;
- To enhance mutual understanding between peoples and cultures of the EU and of the partner countries.